12.05.2012

DIY: How to Decorate a Black Xmas Tree!


If you're my friend then you know that my favorite color is black, black and black! I suppose that's why me and NYC get along so beautifully together :). Black is my friend, no matter what the situation is, and the holidays are no different!  Target has a great black Christmas tree (pretty cheap and prelit!) so I suggest if you are looking for a fake tree, look there first!

To decorate my tree I wanted a simple and classy look...I've never been a fan of the traditional pine trees with green and red ornaments, so I opted to choose a single color that would go lovely with the faux black pine.  I ended up with a silver mindset, although gold or red would have done the trick as well.  I added a white faux fur throw as my tree skirt and some silver mini trees to finish it off. See below for the look!
What I Used:
  • black Xmas tree (prelit)
  • silver icicle ornaments
  • silver snowman ornaments
  • silver bell ornaments
  • silver thick ribbon
  • silver ball ornaments
  • silver star topper
This is before the decorations were put on. You can see the faux fur throw used as a tree skirt!
This is before the decorations were put on. You can see the faux fur throw used as a tree skirt!
Two silver mini trees!
Two silver mini trees!
Silver icicle ornaments
Silver icicle ornaments
Silver snowman ornaments
Silver snowman ornaments
Silver bell ornaments
Silver bell ornaments
Silver thick ribbon
Silver thick ribbon
Silver ball ornaments
Silver ball ornaments
Finished product! Ready for Xmas!
Finished product! Ready for Xmas!

3 comments: